HomeSupport

Flashburn Support

FlashBurn 4.6 for NAND Flash 

dalia eltinay
dalia eltinay

5/10/2016
Hello,
I want to use FlashBurn DSK 4.6 to program EVM6424 kit , I've tried the attached example (EVM6424LE); it works properly with the NOR Flash but when I try the NAND Flash; an erasing timeout occurs, and if I canceled the erasing process and started to write; an error occurs (targetserver exception).
edited by Dalia on 5/10/2016
0 link
Ed Kuzemchak
Ed Kuzemchak
Administrator

5/10/2016
Hello,
The I2C eeprom on the EVM6424 can be programmed with the FBTC named EVM6424-I2C-EEPROM.
0 link
dalia eltinay
dalia eltinay

5/10/2016
Hello,
Thanks for your respond..
I need to access NAND flash and it has an EMIF interface, the I2C EEPROM has it's separate interface and different address from the NAND/NOR/SDRAM
0 link
Ed Kuzemchak
Ed Kuzemchak
Administrator

5/11/2016
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, the examples provided for the C6424 EVM are for the Spansion NOR flash and the I2C flash. There is no example provided for the NAND flash on the C6424. You could use the FlashBurn Porting Kit to modify the erasing and programming support for the NAND flash. Please contact support@softwaredesignsolutions.com and we can send you the a copy Programmers Reference guide that you can see what is involved in the porting process.
0 link
dalia eltinay
dalia eltinay

5/11/2016
Hello,
Thanks again for your respond ,
so that the trial version can not be used to access or try the NAND flash?
Best Regards..
0 link
Ed Kuzemchak
Ed Kuzemchak
Administrator

5/12/2016
Hello,

That is correct. The trial version handles only the NOR and I2C flash on that board. To use the NAND flash, the Porting Kit would be needed, and a porting effort on your part to handle the NAND flash.
+1 link

Site Map

Copyright© 2013 - Software Design Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.